I moved to Greenpoint in 2011 and have spent the majority of my time in New York living in the neighborhood. I love the area, there’s always something to do, but it’s very quiet and you really feel like you’re part of the community. Greenpointers highlights events and news going on in the neighborhood. Sometimes I write for them:
- New Proposal Wants to Map Greenpoint’s Toxic Sites
- Trash Talk – New York City’s Fascinating History with Garbage
- A lot…Or Nothing – What Is Really Going on with the North Brooklyn Boathouse?
- McGolrick Makeover: The Funding of a Semi-Forgotten Park
- A Subway Closing in Greenpoint That We Can All Get Excited About
- Kickstarting Justice
- Survey: How do you feel about transportation here in the hood?
- Getty To Pay $16 Million Towards Clean Up Of Toxic Newtown Creek
- New Homeless Shelter Could be Coming to Greenpoint
- The Blue Bikes Are Coming
- The Gross World of Food Warehouses
- Celebrating the Future Environmental Stewards of Greenpoint
- Save your food scraps! Composting is coming to Greenpoint!