From 2010 – 2012 my friends Bianca Weiland and Jeff Miranda cultivated Current Instincts. We told stories about the environment and animals through the point of view of various animals. It was a lot of fun.
At the time we all had just-out-of-college jobs – jobs we were glad to have but didn’t give us as much creative writing opportunities as we would have liked. So we invented this blog, organizing it over marathon gchat sessions, an editorial calendar, and inspiring each other with post ideas over emails.
Here are some of my favorite posts that I wrote as both a human and animal:
- Service dogs to be remembered on 9/11
- Finally! The recognition I deserve
- A pelican’s tribute to Theodore Roosevelt
- Richter and Paul judge the Westminster Dog Show
- China bans all animal circuses – yay!
- I totally don’t remember destroying your village